Sunday, March 18, 2012

One Month!

I can't believe that Daniel and I have been in Korea for one month. It's crazy! On some days, I'm amazed at how fast time has flown and on other days, I feel like we've been here for so long. It depends on the day. :P

 Things that I love about Korea so far: 
- How convenient everything is - we live less than 5 minutes away from the subway station, right next door to our school and we're surrounded by a bunch of restaurants. :D
- Delivery! I just love how lazy Korea can be. McD's delivery is amazing. So is pad thai and jjajangmyun!
- They play Big Bang's new album EVERYWHERE... which is just awesome.
- I think it's the funniest thing that all my kids say, "So-so," when I ask about their day or weekend. I have no idea who taught them that phrase, but they all use it.
- My students! Well, most of them. :P
- Food. Do I even need to explain? I think 90% of my entries so far have been about food, haha.
- Coffee is a huge thing here. After you eat out with anyone, you get coffee and talk. It's just something you have to do! That is also why there are like five coffee shops on every block.
- Our cozy apartment. Daniel and I have accumulated a good amount of furniture and it's starting to feel more comfortable. :)
- Last, but not least, our branch! Our co-workers are really cool. I know that they are going to make this year much more fun! :)

Since we've been here, our schedules have been packed pretty tight with prepping and teaching our classes. I can't wait to have more time to sight see and learn more Korean. I heard of a coffee shop where foreigners come in and practice speaking Korean. I might have to check that out when I have more time because I would really like to improve. So far I've been learning little words and phrases (the most recent being "포장 해주세요" {"pojang hejuseyo"} which means, "Can you box/wrap this please?" when you want food from a restaurant in a doggy bag, hahah). But it would be nice to learn more!

This was a little bit of a scattered entry, but I really wanted to write an entry marking our first month in Korea. :) I'm excited for this month #2! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment